This bicycle tour is like no other! It marries the beauty of vintage-looking e-bikes with the quest for discovering Malta’s less known corners in the Three Cities of Birgu, Bormla and L-Isla.
You will ride our very special and unique custom bicycles which are the OTO-R and the Military fat-bike, both wonderfully electric!
The OTO-R is a chopperesque e-bike, seeming to be from both the past and the future all in one pretty, paradoxical package. An ergonomic design means you’ll exude comfort and class when riding. The options you do have available on our bike are best in class with components from Brooks, Samsung, Shimano and Sturmey Archer. Its 250W motor can take you to leisurely speeds of 15.5mph, comfortable enough to discover the secrets of the historic Three Cities at your own pace.
If a military bike takes your fancy, you can ride our wonderful electric fat bike, which is inspired by the paratrooper bike models used in WWII. A great way to discover the Three Cities off the beaten track.
WHAT THE TOUR INCLUDES:
– Meet and greet at Birgu Blue Rendez-Vous and proceed to the workshop for your bike
– Start off with the Military e-bike, accompanied by your guide on the OTO R e-bike.
– Ride to neighbouring Kalkar Bay, past Rinella beach and the old Rinell Fort.
– Explore the ultra modern urban sprawl of Smart City.
– Take the scenic route via Sally Port back to Vittoriosa and relive the days when this city was sieged by the fierce ottomans, but never taken over!
DURATION : App. 2 hours
Safety helmet and water provided. Tour guide included.
Experience required – must know how to ride a bike. Suitable for 18 years and over.